Myrtle Beach, SC – When humidity finds its way into your crawl space it can cause numerous problems. Not only does it have the potential to destroy your crawl space but it also has the capability to spread these problems throughout your entire house.
Humidity enters your crawl space when the air outside is warmer than the air inside. This will then cause condensation on the floor joists, insulation, beams, floor and anything else stored in the space. When this happens it is the perfect environment for mold and rot to grow which produces a foul odor. The rotting wood will attract insects, such as termites. These insects will then attract rodents that will feed off of them.
This humidity can have effects that go beyond the crawl space walls. Humidity can cause things like drywall cracks and uneven floors throughout your home. This is a common scenario we see, but luckily we have a solution for it.
To solve your crawl space problems we use a 5 step process to permanently remove humidity from your crawl space and home.
• First, we install door and vent covers. This is to stop the cycle of humidity and moisture that has been entering your home in the past.
• Second, we remove any standing water sources by installing a crawl space drain and sump pump system.
• Third we repair any sagging or areas damaged by mold and rot of the crawl space. This is the step in which we would install crawl space support jacks to restore the structure to its original position
• Fourth, we encapsulate and insulate the crawl space. This stops the moisture from passing through the floors and concrete walls. We use a durable crawl space liner which will not only keep moisture out but will also be able to be used as storage space.
• Our Fifth and final step is to install a dehumidifier. We install energy efficient, self draining crawl space dehumidifiers that will suck any remaining moisture out of the air. We also can install crawl space fans that vent air from your home into the crawl space. This will help keep crawl space humidity to a minimum.
CleanSpace of the Carolinas is a locally owned and operated contractor that has been serving the residents of North and South Carolina since 1962. We specialize in basement waterproofing, crawl space repair and mold removal in Lancaster, SC and surrounding areas. Visit CleanSpace of the Carolinas online for a free basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, or mold removal estimate in SC.